Wednesday, September 3, 2014

2 Art Quilts Juried into National Show

I am so excited and honored to learn that two of my quilts have been juried into the Old Forge National Quilt Show to be held October 10 - December 5.   They are "Dead Palm  Fronds" and "Clematis on Acid".    Both of these quilts are created frin photos I have taken and manipulated in photoshop,   and then had digitally printed onto fabric by Julie Brandon of Red-Dog Entperises.  

 
"Dead Palm Fronds" is from a photo I took in Rainbow Springs in Florida.  It is very densely quilted, on my domestic sewing machine;  and I added beads to the part depicting Spanish Moss, just for definition!

 
"Clematis on Acid" is from a photo of a single clematis flower in my yard (see photo below), to which I added some distortion filters in photoshop.    It is also heavily quilted, on my standard sewing machine;  with beading to define the center of the flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment