Saturday, August 11, 2018

Prince....Cherrywood Fabrics Challenge

This year I decided to enter the Cherrywood FabricsAnnual Challenge that travels all over the U.S. and sometimes in Europe,    The theme was Prince.    I’m not a big Prince fan.....but oh those luscious purples.   I couldn’t resist.   We were given a pack of 3 purple fat quarters and a black fat quarter,  


The rules state that these fabrics must cover 70% of your 20 x 20 inch quilt top.   You can add other colors, but these are the basics,    The quilt must read purple.  

This is my entry.   I decided to base it loosely on the theme "Purple Rain..  the umbrella is the 4 purples we were given and the shoes are based on a pair actually worn by Prince.    I embellished with metallic thread and bugle beads to denote the rain and beadwork on the shoes.   I am happy  to report, out of 368 entries,  I was chosen as a finalist and my quilt will travel in the "Prince - Tribute" Tour.   We don’t know yet which venues will be showing this collection but am anxiously awaiting my next trip to. It’s my quilt alongside 74 other winners.



No comments:

Post a Comment