Monday, January 28, 2019

The Eyes are the Window to the Soul

I have participated in the last two Sacred Threads Quilts Exhibits shows,   It is a wonderful show held every 2 years in Herndon, Virginia.   It is a juried but not judged show.   There are 6 categories and the quilts are juried in according to their story and of course the quality of the quilt depicting the story.   I invite you to visit their site for more information at  Sacred Threads.
As part of the show, there is an exhibit which is open to anyone who wants to contribute,   The most recent exhibit was postcards.   This year the exhibit is "eyes".   The quilt can be constructed any way.....the only requirement being it must be 5x23.    It was a challenge for sure.

This is my final piece.

 

I started with an actual photo of my eyes...


Then I posterized my photo in Photoshop.


After that I drew a pattern on vinyl to trace onto fusible web for the back of selected fabrics. 



Fabrics were placed under the vinyl for accurate placement.  



No comments:

Post a Comment