Thursday, January 23, 2020

Challenge Quilts Revealed

Saturday our guild members revealed their challenge quilts for our current challenge - "Modern Solids".   We have 33 very different and varied interpretations of this theme.    The quilts will be on display at our local library in Batavia - the Richmond Library on Ross Street.    If you are in the area I would invite you to stop in and view all of them.    

The concept of modern was not hard for me - but solids are not my thing.   I like my batiks and hand dyes and surface design fabrics.   But, I persevered and came up with two.   The first one is based on a photo I had taken at Letchworth State Park of a balloon launch.    The quilt is on the left and the original photo is on the right.    My second piece is called "Modern Birches" - because - I love all things birch and often depict these trees in my quilts.  



No comments:

Post a Comment