Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Quilt Guild Challenge Reveal

Every year my guild does a challenge.  The theme is revealed the year before and then after the reveal they are hung in the library for a month.  Obviously this year, because of Covid, that is all on hold.  Nonetheless, we had the reveal and the quilts will hang whenever the library gets the go head for exhibits. The theme this year was “red and white”.  My entry is called “The Falling Leaves”.  I quilted the background prior to the of the leaves.  There are various colored batiks, some netting and seed stitch denoting leaves    Two of the leaves are painted lutrador.  Veining is quilted in each leaf and then they are heated with a heat gun to make them curl and also some holes to be more realistic.   Red is not my favorite color and while I initially groaned at the challenge announcement,  I do like the finished product. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1dJAvzghh09SAUI_szhk3JmJBEXZiI-mw

No comments:

Post a Comment