Saturday, January 1, 2022

Beside The Still Waters

One of my best quilt show Experiences has been the Sacred Threads Quilt Show held in Herndon, VA. every two years.  I have exhibited in 3 of them and this year will be my 4th.  The show is juried but not judged.  It is all about the story and the craftsmanship in quilting to tell that story.  I was honored this year to learn that my quilt “Beside The Still Waters” would be used for promotional photos.  

The quilt is based on a photo challenge I participated in for reflections.  I took the photo at one of our favorite walks around the pond.  I had it printed to fabric and added thread painting and thread embellishments.  This is the quilt:



This is the promotional poster or card for the show.   



If you ever get a chance to attend this show, you really should.  It is a very spiritual experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment