Saturday, February 8, 2014

Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival XXV show bound.........


Two of my quilts have been juried into this show later this month, and accepted for judging.  "Autumn Candles" and "Where Words Fail...Music Speaks".  



Where Words Fail...Music Speaks is very close to my heart,   It depicts the power of music in our lives when all else fails.  I had a hard time finishing this one....nothing seemed to go right on it and I discarded it more than once.   In the end, I finished it and sent the photo off to a friend.   It happened to appear on the screen if his laptop while visiting his mother.....and Alzheimer's patient who had not spoke anything in weeks.   A former quilter and musician, she spoke her first words and picked out different symbols and techniques she knew about.  


Autumn Candles depicts "nature", one of my favorite subjects.   I love birch trees and this is just how the mountains look in the fall,   It was recently on display at the Old Forge show...."Quilts Unlimited"

Unfortunately, I am already on a planned vacation during this show, Feb. 27-March 2 and probably will not get to see the show.   I have always wanted to see this show, and entered these quite awhile ago when the theme was announced, before our plans were finalized.  No matter what.....I am beyond ecstatic!!!!

1 comment: