This is my latest landscape quilt - finally I think I'm"mostly" happy with it. I had some issues with not enough shading and trying to get the water just right. It is from a photo, the photo is manipulated to have 3 birds instead of just one, then printed on to printer fabric and worked into a larger quilt with commercial fabrics, tulle, metallic threads etc. I just couldn't get the water around the birds to blend in with the commercial fabric I had chosen. I finally fused small strips over parts of the printer fabric to blend in. The first photo is the one I took in Maine, the second one is the manipulated photo to show the 3 birds that was printed onto printer fabric and the last photo is the finished (at the moment finished) landscape quilt.
Friday, February 25, 2011
Monday, February 14, 2011
Art C Girlz had a Mosaic project night, led by Kathi. I was home sick, so I didn't get to do it with everyone else. So, I tried it on my own tonight. OK, I'm a bit too "Type A" because I grew increasingly frustrated with trying to get my shapes to exactly line up - they wouldn't and didn't seem to be all the same size - supposedly 1" square. Anyway - my attempts are shown below.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
This is what I played around with this past weekend. I love to free motion feathers (no I don't usually mark them) and I wanted something soft for Valentine's Day. It is pink Sulky Rayon thread on white silk. Obviously it still needs a binding, but I've been sick and not able to get to the store to buy more silk fabric. Soon, though.....
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
I seem to be lacking in a whole lot of productivity right now. But, I did finish some postcards for RAFA for the Arts Council Show. Members donate their postcards and the Arts Council sells them and retains the monies obtained for the cards. Here is my small lot of cards that I finished....