Surprisingly, I am done...early, most are completing the week they are due, sometimes even the morning of!!! I was totally uninspired until a chance photo sent by a friend intrigued me enough to do some experimenting to see if I could convey it In fabric. It just happened I decided to turn it into a challenge. More next month!
My friend Martha always posts what she accomplished during the year. I decided I would keep track. I lost track of it part way through, but think I have remembered most.
- 2 birch tree art quilts...."Then...the Crocus" - for RAFA show, winner of art quilt award at GVQC "Autumn Candles" - winner in art quilt category at Old Forge quilt show
- 2 quilts for Gem and Mineral show in Rochester. "Footsteps" & "Where I "Stand"
- "Inflorescence" - digital printed and quilted, hung in GVQC show and RAFA show
- guild challenge - "Butterflies and Bottlecaps", literary challenge
- ice dye challenge, stained glass windows for ArtCGirlz!
- 2 Mandela challenges. - "Where Words Fail...Music Speaks" and "Butterfly" For ArtCGirlz.
- 2 pulpit banners for Church
- quilt for a very good friend in Florida - a portrait quilt of his mother
- "Out on a Limb" from Wendy butler Berns workshop at guild
- row by row guild project....yet to be a finished quilt.
- silent auction donation , quilted tulip panel
3 mug rugs, 3 purses, 3 fabric cards
- made blocks for and did the machine quilting on a comfort quilt for a very dear friend going thru chemotherapy....one of the highlights of my year.
- took part in Iron Quilter at GVQC. Finished quilt in 3 1/2 hours.
Whew, I think I accomplished quite a bit....and there might be a couple more I didn't remember.
Here's to another successful year in 2014!