I chose to do a, what I thought was, simple design. My idea was perspective such as hallway arches or doorways, It was anything but simple and involved a lot of math which meant measuring and remeasuring. I am mostly happy with the results........always a couple of things we would change isn't there? I found this mottled batik at the fabric store which was referred to as "glaze frosting" but I thought it looked like stonework! The fabric choices and quilting were deliberately kept simple to allow the idea of perspective to be the main focus.
Sunday, January 24, 2016
Every year our guild does a challenge which then hangs in the Richmond Library gallery during the month of February, This year's theme was "architecture" which could be interpreted in an art quilt or with a traditional block such as "log cabin". Every year we get the next theme in March, but most everyone is hurriedly finishing in the weeks following Christmas,
Saturday, January 23, 2016
I am currently enrolled in a photography course which is giving weekly challenges. This week the challenge was a window. The weather is cold and the snow is here and getting out and about is difficult for this Raynaud's sufferer......let alone getting time to set up a tripod and play with camera settings. I am really looking forward to doing these challenges in warmer weather. However, I did go down to our local library parking lot and do some focusing on the church across the street. I have always loved this window design and it was the first one I thought of. This week we were allowed to do a minimum of editing which made it even more fun. Although I have power lines (which in the future could be erased by editing) I am happy with the way this looks. I think the reflections are cool and would love to play more with them also.