Saturday, June 19, 2010

Swan Song Before/After

When I was first learning to quilt, my husband bought me a kit with an applique swan in the center, appliqued flowers around it and a batik border.   What did I know about applique? when I learned about Heat 'n Bond and that you didn't even have to sew it on - I thought I was golden.   I did up the kit, and at a loss as to how to quilt it, just did a stitch in the ditch around the frame.   I recently decided to repurpose or rework the quilt.   Below are before and after shots.   I hope you'll agree that it is much more interesting to look at now.   I love it!

I highlighted the swan with Jacquare Lumiere Paints, used artificial flower embellishments and beads to cover the heat-n-bond flowers, and added free motion quilting where there was none.   The design in pink, although not really clear, is a pattern from Leah Day 365 Days of Free Motion Quilting called "Paisley Flower".   I love the pattern and it was easy to learn to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment