Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Pillowcases & surprises

I have been making pillowcases for the Genesee Valley Quilt Club Show in June.   Pillowcases are part of their show community service and they set a goal each year and people can make pillowcases to donate or you can sit and sew at the show for as long as you wish using fabric that members have donated and cut for pillowcases.   As part of the show, the club sponsors a "Strive For Five" card - different ways to earn 5 points by volunteering for the show.   If you get 5 points you get into the show free.   Making 5 pillowcases earns you 2 points.   (If you donate fabric for 5 pillowcases to be sewn at the show you get 1 point).   When I turn these in tomorrow I will have earned my 5 points.

Most of these were made with fabrics from my stash - I only had to supplement a few.

Yesterday I decided it was time to take the winter/Christmas wreath off my front door.   (In my defense, it has been winter here up until last week.)  I had quite a surprise that I had not even noticed coming in and out of the house previously.

This is the original wreath - look closely.
A closer view.........









And.........an even closer view.









Unfortunately, I just took the wreath off the door, brought it in and prepared to put it away without noticing this until I had touched the nest etc.   It took me so by surprise because it looked so perfect that I wondered at first if I had not originally noticed it when I bought the wreath!!!!!   Don't laugh, you know that can happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment