Sunday, September 22, 2013

ArtCGirlz Mandala Exhibit Opens


Friday night was our opening reception.   There are 8 quilts and 3 paintings done by our group.

 


This is my quilt titled "Where Words Fail...Music Speaks".  I have already talked about this on my blog, which you can read in the post done just before this one.   I invite you to ready about my journey with quilt.
  

Lori Anderson's quilt is called "Healing Shadows".  She took one of her own photos of trees and a manipulated it in a kaleidoscope program to obtain the circle.   Her background frames the photo just perfect.

 
Kathi Everett - "On Wings" - loves the "wings" graphic.   She took a graphic and she and Julie Brandon of Red Dog Enterprises manipulated this graphic on the computer as you see it now, set it against an orange background and printed it out on fabric.   Kathi embellishes it with crystals.



Martha Lorshbaugh calls hers "Zendala Mandala".   She fussy cut a fabric to obtain a perfect mirror imaged pattern.   Her real love is Zentangle and she has quilted an elaborate Zentangle on the top.


Mary Ellen Casey - "Om mani padme hum" - was our show coordinator and she did the only true round quilt and found a great way to hang it.  She was inspired by a commercial pattern and interpreted it in fabric, embellished with thread painting etc.   



Chris Keuhl  - "Sun, Sand, Surf" - had been on vacation at the beach,   She did this using paper piecing technique and added sparkle with crystals and gold leaf.   I LOVE the colors.



Susan Rathbun loves to ice dye ands et out to. Relate a perfect. Or le with dyed fabric.   She wasn't really happy with what she got, so she heavily embellished it with beads (which I love) and. All sit. "Oops, Lemonade"




I did another quilt of just free motion thread stitching on a dark background.   I couldn't get a good picture to show the pretty variegated thread I used.  I call it "The Butterfly Within"


Bethany is our painter.   She did this series of 3 Mandalas  which are very intricate, using a very tiny paintbrush.  
Green - "Ship &  Compass"
Red - "Wellington"
Blue - "Talk In Your Sleep"

No comments:

Post a Comment