Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Where I Stand - Lapidary Show

Several of my fellow RAFA members are taking part in a show put on by the Lapidary Society in Rochester at the end of October.  The challenge was to use stones, gems, beads etc in some other way than jewelry.   Easy for those of us who always have to have a bead on our quilt.     


This is my entry!  And below is the hallway carpet that inspired it!

I walked into our hotel this summer and knew immediately I had found my idea.  No one is ever surprised to see me taking a photo of the floor or the ground.   Oh course not real stones on the floor but the blue images marching up the side looked like beads and stones to me.  Voila! Hence the name of the quilt... "Where I Stand"

1 comment:

  1. I love it, Elaine. Can't wait to see it in person. Diane

    ReplyDelete