Friday, January 10, 2014

Letchworth State Park ....my Quilt!

Quilt or Photogrqph?



This is my finished quilt for the Quilters Consortium of New York Statechallenge....."Stitching New York-a Quilters Perspective".   This is a photo that I took at the park this past October, manipulated it somewhat on my computer and had it printed onto fabric by Julie Brandon I then enhanced the landscape with many different quilting patterns, including some sheer fabrics to emulate the mist rising from the falls, 

I think I will call it "Homage to the Trestle", as it may soon be replaced.  The trestle bridge has always been an important part of my life since my years at Houghton College in the late 60's.  We would go there to escape the rigors of college life.   Many have walked on this bridge, including me....many while a train was approaching (not me).

Below is the original picture I used as my pattern and a photo showing that the train still does cross this bridge.





No comments:

Post a Comment