Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Play Day

OK, so I haven't done any of my goals..no binding, no organizing beads etc.  
But, I did make this cool card today.   I saw a demo of this at Genesee Valley Quilt Club and had to try it out.    I used 2 5 x 7 sheets of peltex fusible and fused fabric to both sides.   The 2 cards are held together by ribbons, pierced at the top and then tied so the card flips up.


This is the front.   You'll soon know that I love and have a large stash of butterfly-themed fabric.
This is the inside, after flipping up the top card.
Detail of the butterfly.  Stitched first with thread, then colored with pastel watercolor crayons, then used a wet stencil brush to make the "watercolor" feature, then highlighted with pigma pen
This is the back of the card.   Cool, huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment