The orange is a little darker than this picture denotes. I attached fusible webbing to a piece of black fabric, folded it in half and drew half a tree. Then I proceeded to cut through both layers, with an exacto knife and scissors, so as to have a symmetrical tree when finished. It turned out to be no easy task. It was even more cumbersome when I removed the fusible and all those black branches twisted and stuck to each other. Carefully, I had to separate them and form them into what would appear to be a symmetrical tree. I think that was the hardest part of the whole project. I then did close stitching on each branch, to permanently attach the tree and to complete part of the quilting process. I completed the quilting with free motion swirls in the background, mostly following the pattern of the fabric. Simple, yet strong!