Monday, February 25, 2013

Quilt Guild Retreat Weekend


 This past weekend was my guild retreat at Camp Asbury, Silver Lake.   For 3 days, 28 of us sewed and sewed and sewed.   The best part - is we were fed well and didn't have to prepare or clean up from meals.   It was gray this weekend, so we didn't see the pretty colors of the lake we saw last year. 




My one totally finished project - my X- Bag Purse - Made with fabric showing musicals and also a lighter "music" fabric.


I got a good start on my first row of the Round Robin Quilt our guild is doing.  Mine will be Christmas themed - I did 4 12 inch blocks and will pass this row, along with a 6 inch strip of my main Christmas fabric on to the next person to create a row of her choosing, using some of Christmas Fabric.   There are 5 people in each group, I will end up with 5 rows to put together as I choose.


The Old Italian Block from Anita Grossman Solomon's book.   I started this last year at retreat..........and didn't work on it again all year.  Still not sure I have enough blocks done for a lap quilt.


Finally - circles.   I had a pack of 5 inch charm squares - tropical print themed.....I finished several of these.   Will end up with 40 squares.....then to decide what to do with them!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment