Saturday, March 23, 2013

Art Quilt Show in Honeoye Falls

I am part of the Rochester Area Fiber Artists quilt show in Honeoye Falls.  I took a group of friends to see the show today - but was hindered by a very large bridal shower going on in the room.   It boggles my mind as to why they thought having a 50+ person gathering with food (in hot chafing dishes) along the wall under the quilts was a good idea.   We could not even get to see the show - in a space for which we paid to display our work.   So, I am posting a few favorites over several posts - for my friends who didn't get to enjoy the show!

 Kathi Everett's Ice Crystals and my "Then....the Crocus"....displayed on the stone wall together.




 StephanieFerris  - Warm Whispers.

 Liz Scott - Spring Equinox - digitally printed onto fabric and machine quilted

Marcia Birken - Early Mountain Spring
The beading on this is outstanding!

Mary Louise Gerek - Teal Spring.   This quilt is also based on a poem written by a local poet from Rochester, NY.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pictures! Wish we could have enjoyed them in person.

    ReplyDelete