Tuesday, December 14, 2010

RAFA Challenge

I'm working on my piece for the RAFA art quilt show in March, 2011.   It isn't really a challenge so much as a "call" to make a quilt for the show.

I posted embroidered leaves a few days ago - that is part of the piece.   I've been working on the background and have gone thru several ideas to bring forth the idea of "the wall".      After seeing the "Quilts=Art=Quilts" show at the Schweinfurth Art Center in Auburn, i decided I want to try a straight line quilting idea.   I was going to just quilt around the areas of the fabric, but changed my mind on that today.   (I am very good at picking out my quilting when I change my mind - I do it often enough).

I was going to show my art quilting group this work tonight and get some ideas, but the snow forced us to cancel.   Now I'm on my own!!

Anyway...........here are some more teasers!   The colors aren't showing up really great..........but..........it's the best I could get tonight.

The top strip of fabric shows one of the strips before any quilting.

The bottom of this picture is after adding the straight line quilting.   (there is a different strip of fabric in the middle).
Another shot of the fabric!
Another view of the quilting.   I just LOVE this thread - it looks way better than this picture and all the different colors in the thread are highlighting the fabric.   It is a "King Tut" thread - heavy - uses a heavy needle.









Reverb 10 - December 14

Prompt: Appreciate. What's the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?

This is another easy one!   I've come to appreciate my little group of art quilting friends.   They are always there to support and encourage me and they keep me going and make me think that I really can do this.

I try to express my gratitude for them by being available and offering to help if they are going thru a hard time.

No comments:

Post a Comment