Sunday, December 12, 2010

Reverb 10 - December 12

December 12 –

Body Integration This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present? (Author: Patrick Reynolds)

Another hard one.   I reach this state most often during meditation or those rare times I do Yoga.   On a different level, I can almost reach this state when I am either creating my art or somehow otherwise engaged in viewing or appreciating my art.   Viewing Art quilt shows, programs, workshops etc. takes me to a new level - one where I am totally immersed in what I am seeing, how it is done, how I think I might do it, can I do it?   Do I want to do it?   If I am "in the zone" while creating - my quilts will "almost make themselves".   It's like I'm not doing it, it is just happening without a lot of conscious effort.

Not sure if this is the intention of this prompt........but it is what spoke to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment