Saturday, December 7, 2013

Happy Retirement Day!

Yesterday was my husband's big retirement day after 30+ years in the insurance profession, the last 27 years, 6 months and 25 days as an insurance adjuster with New York Central.   They will sorely miss him as his work ethic is unparalleled these days.   He has been a faithful, loyal, conscientious and dedicated employee.  


I am so glad I arranged for a retirement "card bombing" idea for him because the party was small and because he had had a miserable week with the eye surgery etc.   It. has given him something very fun and positive to think about.


These are a couple of photos of Longwood Gardens right now....my favorite place and it is lovely at Christmas.   We were supposed to be there next week.....but that won't be happening after my husband's eye surgery.   Best case scenario, maybe we get there right after Christmas but that is very iffy unless he is able to drive by then.  <<big sigh>>

No comments:

Post a Comment