Sunday, December 15, 2013

Mug Rug exchange in guild!



Yesterday was our guild Christmas party.   As part of the festivities, Chris, our program person, arranged for a mug rug exchange.   Most of us had never made such a thing,   Coasters.  Yes!  Placemats?  Yes!   Mug rugs?   Not so much.   Described as larger than a coaster, smaller than a placemat!   Large enough for your mug and a snack!

This is the one I made for the exchange!



These are the ones I received!   The Christmas star mug right along with a mug full of chocolates, a Christmas ornament and a deck of playing cards were my gift in the exchange!   The tulip mug rug was  a gift from my good friend Martha, who had really gotten in the spirit and made many extras!   I love them!   One sits next to my recliner, the other in my quilting room!    I am now making a few for gifts!

It's very wintry here..... There is at least 12 inches on this bench in my front yard.   My lighted snowman is quite buried also....he sports a lot of attitude!




No comments:

Post a Comment